The deadline for entries into this year’s AJ Architecture Awards has been extended to Friday 28 June 2019.
The AJ Architecture Awards recognise excellence in Architecture. There are 18 categories to enter and a further 3 categories which are chosen from all entries. A judging panel will visit the entries to see how they measure up. This gives entrants the opportunity to promote their great work and showcase their skills.
These are some of the most sought-after awards in the industry. Winning an award is beneficial for so many reasons. On a business level it stands the practice in good stead when competing for business as an award-winning organisation. On a personal level it is great for your CV for as/when you are looking for new jobs in Architecture and is also a huge personal achievement.
According to the Architects’ Journal website, the entry criteria for the awards is as follows.
Who can enter?
- Projects must have been completed within the time period January 2018 – July 2019 (excluding masterplanning projects which can be commissioned future projects)
- Eligible to enter are architects, and people in other design professions whose qualifications are recognised by their local accreditation organisations
- Entries are encouraged from individuals, groups, partnerships – regardless of size or scale of practice
- Entries can be entered from practices located anywhere in the world as long as the project is based in the UK.
- AJ Editor’s Choice Award (non-entry, chosen from the featured projects in AJ between January 2018 – July 2019)
- AJ Design of the Year (chosen from all the entries to the awards)
- The AJ Architect of the Year (chosen from all entries to the awards with an emphasis on multiple projects completed between January 2018 – July 2019 by the same practice).
The award winners will be announced at the AJ Architecture Awards ceremony on 20th November at the Exhibition London in Shepherd’s Bush. Winners will also be printed in the December 2019 issue of the Architects’ Journal magazine.
For further information about the awards, visit the AJ Architecture Awards section of the Architects Journal website.
Architecture Recruitment Specialists
As one of the leaders in the Architecture Recruitment Specialist market, Hunter Dunning provide its customers with not only second to none recruitment solutions, but also the latest industry insights, statistics and news. Check back on our blog regularly for updates such as these.
Want to make more of your Architecture career? Search our current Architecture jobs, and Architect Assistant jobs.
[Image source: https://awards.architectsjournal.co.uk/2018shortlist 19.06.19]