Back to Jobs

Technical Architectural Assistant / Architect / Technician - Putney, London

This position has been filled, send us your CV and we can let you know about similar roles.

Send Us Your CV
  • Location London
  • Type Permanent
  • Salary £30,000 - £37,000 DOE + Pension & Bonus
  • Ref 9209
An image of a map of the location for this role

An immediate requirement has arisen for a Technically strong Part II Architectural Assistant / Architect or Technician to join a small family feel Architectural office in Putney.

My client specializes in the residential sector, with projects ranging from domestic scale loft conversions and house extensions, through to medium sized developer lead schemes of 100 units plus, including both new build, refurbishment and change of use. Typically, these projects range from £0.5 – £2 million and are London, Surrey and South-East England based.
With 6 full time staff and 2 consultants, the practice has over 20 years’ experience in the architectural industry and in most recent years have grown a developer arm to the business (where there are a further 5 staff members) and a full project management service. They have achieved planning permission for over 750 sites and pride themselves on customer satisfaction and their experience in every aspect of construction.

Role & Responsibilities

With specialist residential knowledge you will be required to join the practice hitting the ground running, ready to jump into technical stages of a variety of projects. You will be taking on board responsibility from another employee, so ideally a hand over will take place, so that you can fully understand your day to day responsibilities from the best person possible.
You will work on several residential projects, of various values at one time and on average you will work across technical project stages (3-5) for 80% of the time and the remaining 20% of your time will be spent on stages 1-2. You will be expected to liaise with clients directly on a regular basis and attend site meetings roughly every 10 days.

Required Skills & Experience

  • Proficient in AutoCAD
  • Fully qualified as an Architectural Assistant, Architect or Technician with the relevant degree
  • A minimum of 2 years UK experience
  • A minimum of 2 years’ experience in professional practice
  • An in-depth working knowledge of the residential sector
  • Experience working on domestic scale and/or larger professional developer led residential projects
  • Thorough knowledge of UK building regulations is imperative for this appointment
  • Confident producing detailed construction drawing packages
  • Consider yourself a technically strong individual
  • Happy to hit the ground running
  • Able to work with minimal assistance
  • A team player that enjoys a social office
  • Confident liaising with clients directly on a regular basis
  • Happy to predominantly focus on technical stages of the practices projects

Salary & Package

£30,000 – £37,000 DOE + statutory pension. A discretionary bonus is also given to staff at the end of each business year.

Soft Benefits

Due to the size of the company the team of 7 are much like a family. Openly discussing projects in the office and working collaboratively is encouraged by management and team building events are arranged to continually engage the team with one another. The office has a relaxed atmosphere and whilst work is produced on time and to a high standard, staff make the most of socialising and having team lunches and drinks together. Events organised to date include dinners at popular London restaurants, ping pong parties at Bounce and a casino themed black-tie event.
Just a 5-minute walk from both East Putney underground and Putney Overground, the office is located south of the river and is perfect for commuters both inside and outside of London.


If you have the required skills and experience and would like to be considered for this amazing opportunity, please forward your CV and portfolio ASAP to jennifer.driscoll@hunterdunning.co.uk or call 01243 779789.

Please note that due to the quantity of applications received, we cannot get back to everyone. If you do not receive a reply from us within 7 working days, then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Be aware however that we will keep a copy of your CV/Portfolio and keep you in mind for any future vacancies.

Job Ref: 9209

Hunter Dunning = Architectural Assistant Jobs – Your Architectural Recruitment Specialists

Search the Hunter Dunning website for more vacancies: www.hunterdunning.co.uk/jobs/
Follow us on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/hunter-dunning-ltd