Senior Revit Technician Job in Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire
Senior Revit Technician job available with a multi-disciplinary consultancy based in their Hertfordshire office. You will be working closely engineers and design teams on a wide range of engineering projects.
The team are multi-discipline property and construction experts, offering professional advice through all stages of projects with experience across residential, transport, civic, commercial, hospitality, leisure, and many more. They provide services across surveying, development planning & engineering services. Due to ongoing success, they are seeking a Senior Revit technician to join the team.
Role & Responsibilities
- Working on the production of accurate technical engineering drawings, working in Revit and AutoCAD, reporting to the project director
- Dealing directly with Engineers, Architects, the Design team, and Contractors, to ensure the delivery of projects on time, budget and to a high standard
- Working unsupervised and on own initiative, demonstrating good levels of self-motivation and productivity
- Attending team and client meetings
- Ensuring drawings, design information and other documents are prepared satisfactorily and to appropriate standards
- Assisting with the preparation of fee proposals, including the accurate estimation of time required for each work item
- Manage the workload of junior staff on a day- to basis, delegating appropriate tasks, providing coaching/mentoring/ motivation as necessary
- Seek professional membership at an appropriate level – e.g EngTech/TIStructE
- Assist with improving internal systems/standards/software/working practices
- Attending site visits when required
- Exploration of new/innovative practices that will benefit the design team/design process
- Work closely with other members of the team and report to the project director.
Required Skills & Experience
- Possess a proven track record in demonstrating a strong understanding of the wider engineering context of designs, drawings, and 3D models, while having awareness of structural engineering and building detailing
- Experience in UK based projects is essential
- Experience in using of AutoCAD and Revit is essential
- You will have experience in developing and assisting with the development of project CAD & BIM procedures and quality control. Awareness of UK Industry BIM, standards, protocols and procedures is ideal
- Demonstrate an appreciation of commercial awareness in relation to cost-effective design solutions
- Demonstrate an awareness of financial matters such as agreed fees and budget status and manage project costs accordingly
- Ability to work independently as required
- Happy to give support to other team members
- A HNC/HND qualification in civil/structural engineering or equivalent would be an advantage.
- Have excellent communication skills both written and spoken.
What you get back
- Competitive Salary
- Company Pension
- flexitime working
- Ongoing in-house CPD seminars
- Professional memberships paid
- Hybrid Working
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (option to buy or sell 5 additional days)
- Free onsite Parking
- Salary sacrifice
- Long Service awards.
If you meet the criteria above, send us your CV and portfolio. We receive a large number of applications so if you do not hear back within 7 days consider your application unsuccessful this time. We will keep a copy of your details on file for future vacancies.
Terms: A candidate is deemed to have been successfully placed once they have started a new job as a result of an introduction made by Hunter Dunning and when they’ve successfully completed the probation period.
Senior Revit Technician Job in Hemel Hempstead – Your Architecture Recruitment Specialists (Recruiter: John Watson Ref: 14304) #LI-JW1