Senior Quantity Surveyor Job in Plymouth, Devon
A Senior Quantity Surveyor job now available, to join a Building Top 150 multidisciplinary construction consultancy, based in Plymouth, Devon, covering projects across the South West. The role offers a salary of £55,000 – £65,000 + Car Allowance £3500.
The multidisciplinary consultancy is made of 6 offices across the Southwest and South Coast and London and circa 120 staff, they offer design, building surveying, quantity surveying, project management, town planning and urban design services to a multitude of different sectors including education, residential, commercial and the public sector. This role will be working on a variety of projects across these sectors for both refurbishment and new build projects.
Role & Responsibilities
- Working within the QS team reporting to the Associate QS
- Managing projects across The South West
- Participate in design team meetings with reporting and advice to clients
- Supervise junior members of staff
- Document management in accordance with QA procedures
- Preparation of cost advice in accordance with RICS guidance notes (including
order of cost estimates, viability reports, reinstatement cost assessments
formal cost plans, cash-flow forecasts, life cycle and whole life costs, etc.)
- Preparation of tender documentation and administration of tender process
- Preparation of contracts
- Post-contract cost management (e.g. administering change control processes, valuing variations, assessing contractor’s claims)
- Preparing valuations for progress payments
- Preparation of post contract cost reports
- Preparation of final accounts
- Attend and chair site meetings.
Required Skills & Experience
- 3+ Years’ experience as a Quantity Surveyor
- Ideally from a consultancy background
- Experienced in either residential, commercial, education or public sector
- Ideally refurbishment and new build experience
- Experienced in pre-contract through to final accounts
- Ideally MRICS or very close to being chartered.
What you get back
- £55,000 – £65,000
- Car Allowance £3500
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays (rising with years of service up to 27 days)
- Flexible/remote working
- Regular and committed training and CPD opportunities
- Private Healthcare
- Excellent enhanced pension scheme
- Enhanced sick pay scheme (including long-term sickness insurance)
- Access to 24/7 counseling through employee assistance helpline
- Exclusive restaurant, travel and retail discounts.
- Access to free independent 1 to 1 financial advice.
If you meet the criteria above, send us your CV and portfolio. We receive a large number of applications so if you do not hear back within 7 days consider your application unsuccessful this time. We will keep a copy of your details on file for future vacancies.
Did you know we run a referral scheme? We’ll give you £300 worth of vouchers if you introduce us to anyone who we then successfully place in a new job role. Just send us their information and we’ll do the rest.
Terms: A candidate is deemed to have been successfully placed once they have started a new job as a result of an introduction made by Hunter Dunning and when they’ve successfully completed the probation period.
Senior Quantity Surveyor Job in Plymouth, Devon – Your Property Recruitment Specialists (Recruiter: Kelly Armour Job Ref: 13914) #LI-KA1