Senior Interior Designer Job in Richmond, Greater London
A Senior Interior Designer job is now available in Richmond, Greater London with a close-knit team of ten. This role will suit a highly creative all-rounder who thrives off leading projects across all stages. This is an office-based position.
The practice works on development projects in prime and Super-Prime locations in London, with a growing portfolio currently valued at approximately £70m this studio has a solid understanding and experience within the luxury sector. The role will see you working alongside a talented team of designers. All candidates must have a portfolio of luxury residential projects along with proven site experience and the ability to liaise with contractors on-site.
Role & Responsibilities
- Leading luxury residential projects from concept through to installation and snagging
- Organising base build sample boards for internal presentations, coordinating with FF&E designers where required
- Obtaining estimates, taking the lead on creating ID schedules and managing associated budgets
- Ensuring all proposals are fit for purpose and specifications are compliant with input from specialist/consultant
- Producing IA drawing packages, marking up joinery and contractors’ drawing packs
- Reviewing all base build on site-samples from contractors
- Monitoring design changes and how they may impact design intent and action accordingly
- Self-managing workload and deliverables within set deadlines
- Directly liaising with clients, contractors, and other members of the design team
- Working closely with the Project Managers
- Ensuring project folders are organised, presentations and drawings are filed accordingly
- Providing guidance and support to junior-mid weight designers where necessary.
Required Skills & Experience
- 7+ years’ interior designer experience
- Proven experience working on luxury residential projects (private or developments) in Belgravia, Knightsbridge and/or Kensington
- Experience producing, developing and presenting design concepts
- Good understating of materiality
- Design intent experience
- Ability to produce technical packages, detailed drawings, specifications, bespoke joinery etc
- Proven experience managing/supervising projects on site
- Confident and assertive when liaising with contractors
- Proficient with AutoCAD, SketchUp, Photoshop, InDesign and MS Office.
What you get back
- Salary of up to £55,000, flexible for outstanding candidates
- Holiday entitlement: 25 days.
If you meet the criteria above, send us your CV and portfolio. We receive a large number of applications so if you do not hear back within 7 days consider your application unsuccessful this time. We will keep a copy of your details on file for future vacancies.
Did you know we run a referral scheme? We’ll give you £300 worth of vouchers if you introduce us to anyone who we then successfully place in a new job role. Just send us their information and we’ll do the rest.
Terms: A candidate is deemed to have been successfully placed once they have started a new job as a result of an introduction made by Hunter Dunning and when they’ve successfully completed the probation period.
Senior Interior Design Job in Richmond – Your Interior Design Recruitment Specialists (Recruiter: Gaby Montero Job Ref: 14043) #LI-GM1