Senior Fire Engineer Job in London / Remote
Senior Fire Engineer job in London / Remote Working, for a growing fire engineering department of a successful multidisciplinary consultancy. The role offers a competitive package of between £75k – £100k + Travel + Discretionary bonus + Remote Working. We are looking for Senior Fire Engineers, that are CEng or working towards.
The consultancy offers a multitude of services including project management, surveying, cost consultancy, design management and specialise in residential, affordable housing, major regeneration, mixed-use and remedial projects for Housing Associations, Local Authorities and Private Developers, with plans to expand into other sectors such as healthcare and defence. Made up of around 100 employees and 4 offices, they are continuing to grow with a strong pipeline of work across London, Southeast and Midlands. You will be joining a fire team of 5, as a Senior Fire Engineer reporting to either Associate Director or Director level.
Role & Responsibilities
- Liaise closely with Clients, Contractors, Developers, Clerk of Works and other key stakeholders
- Undertake Risk Assessments in line with current legislation
- Advise clients of pragmatic, cost effective solutions to mitigate risk where possible
- Assist in the growth, development and structure of a small team, drawing upon team leadership skills and experience
- Assist the client in RAG assessing their stock to understand their potential liabilities
- Working with and developing a Quality Management System. Report on a regular basis on status of projects and update Fee Projections
- Review information relating to fire safety that the client has accrued for their buildings to date and advise them of its suitability
- Conduct Fire Risk Assessments both internally and externally in-line with current industry guidance and compile a detailed report, including PAS9980 reports
- Provide CPD to clients making them aware of their obligations as building owners
- Peer review reports from other Fire Engineers as requested
- Work with the project team to produce cost effective, pragmatic remedial solutions where possible
- Attend client/resident meetings when required to explain reports that have been issued and the implications of the findings
- Work with the project team to compile the ER’s
- Peer review the contractors’ proposals
- Liaise closely with the clerk of works and the contractor and carry out compliance checks of the works as they progress
- Attend site progress meetings when required.
Required Skills & Experience
- Ideally 5+ years’ experience in Fire Engineering / Fire Safety
- Experienced in EWS1 / FRAEWs
- UK Fire Code knowledge and experience is essential
- CEng or close to becoming a Chartered Engineer
- Ability to travel across London and South East and sometimes further afield across England (1 day+ in the office per month).
What you get back
- Salary of £75,000 – £100,000
- 24 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
- Travel paid to sites
- Discretionary Bonus
- Contributory Pension
- Private medical insurance
- Support with professional subscriptions.
If you meet the criteria above, send us your CV and portfolio. We receive a large number of applications so if you do not hear back within 7 days consider your application unsuccessful this time. We will keep a copy of your details on file for future vacancies.
Did you know we run a referral scheme? We’ll give you £300 worth of vouchers if you introduce us to anyone who we then successfully place in a new job role. Just send us their information and we’ll do the rest.
Terms: A candidate is deemed to have been successfully placed once they have started a new job as a result of an introduction made by Hunter Dunning and when they’ve successfully completed the probation period.
Senior Fire Engineer Job in London – Your Property Recruitment Specialists (Recruiter: Kelly Armour Job Ref: 14333) #L I-KA1 #LI-Remote