An unusual and challenging role for a Senior Architect is now available within a high-profile consultancy in Central London, whose core values are to teach and demonstrate sustainable development within the communities in which they work. The team are experts across a broad range of disciplines, working collaboratively to deliver high quality social, environmental and economic benefits to established communities.
The practice has a wide spectrum of projects within the UK and overseas, predominantly volume house building and contemporary building design. Their work includes preparing drawings, master planning and drafting design codes, with their most important focus on meeting the needs of the communities involved.
Based from their office in the heart of Central London, this is a design oriented role with emphasis on managing projects from inception to completion. You will be required to work closely with both the Associate Director of Design and Director of Projects, gradually taking on larger proportions of work and taking client relationships forward. You will often be dealing with very high profile, senior clients and therefore an excellent level of relationship management is key.
Role & Responsibilities
•The post-holder will be expected to lead several individual projects as
project architect, working with other members of the team. Such projects will
predominantly have a heritage focus, but may also include new-build projects
• Key elements of the work will be integrating solid design flair and imagination into
the successful running of the job, through personal experience and experience of others, aligning this with the overall requirements of clients
• You will be expected to lead a variety of projects at one time, working collaboratively with other members of the team. Such projects will predominantly have a heritage focus, but may also include new-build projects
• On certain projects that might be led by others (such as Heritage Project Managers) undertaking directed architectural services and support as necessary
• Facilitating and maintaining communication between members of the team,
clients, client representatives and contractors on site. Escalating problems/issues
as necessary and following agreed courses of action to ensure successful delivery of all work
• Managing the production of construction information throughout the job, using
CAD drawings or other widely-recognised methods
• Any other reasonable duties that may arise from the nature and character of the
post, as requested by a Director, Associate Director or Associate
Required Skills & Experience
•A minimum of 5 years post-qualification experience (gained at a UK-based Practice)
•A sound knowledge of all UK planning and building legislation
• Experience procuring against the JCT suite of contracts
• Direct experience delivering heritage-led regeneration and conservation projects
• Strong design and technical skills; including the area of conservation/repair of
• A demonstrable knowledge of the issues and challenges associated with repair
and new design in the historic environment, gained through previous design
experience with historic fabric
• Evidence of direct responsibility of end-to-end job running, with direct experience
of managing complex jobs
• Ability to use the following programmes: Auto CAD, Photoshop, Illustrator, In-Design, Microsoft Office, Sketch Up and/or Rhino 3D
Salary & Package
The successful applicant will be offered a salary between £42,000 – £48,000. In addition to a generous salary, my client also offers flexible working hours, 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays), a contributory pension plan and a TOIL arrangement for those who travel.
The practice offers a friendly and sociable working environment, with a selection of pubs and restaurants nearby where they have regular staff lunches or drinks after work.
My client is a well-established and well respected employer, a believer of progression and personal development, continuously willing to support their employees throughout their career.
If you have the required skills and experience and would like to be considered for this unique opportunity, please forward your CV and portfolio ASAP to James.Lees@HunterDunning.co.uk or call 01243 779789.
Please note that due to the quantity of applications received, we cannot get back to everyone. If you do not receive a reply from us within 7 working days, then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Be aware however that we will keep a copy of your CV/Portfolio and keep you in mind for any future vacancies.
Job Ref: 9219
Hunter Dunning = Senior Architect Jobs – Your Architectural Recruitment Specialists