Residential Interior Designer Job in South West London
A Residential Interior Designer job is available in South West London. This role will see you developing concept and schematic designs, sourcing materials and fabrics, and working on IA and on site. This is the perfect opportunity for a team player looking to design innovative and timeless interiors.
With an impressive client base stretching across prime areas of London, the practice has developed a strong reputation for delivering bespoke homes of the highest quality. Their team of 17 architects and interior designers are known not only for their unique portfolio of projects but also for their fantastic dynamic and friendly office environment. With an exciting pipeline of projects, they are currently looking for an experienced Interior Designer to join them on a permanent basis.
Role & Responsibilities
- Reporting to the senior designers & ID Director
- Exploring imaginative concepts
- Developing and presenting conceptual design presentations to support the senior design team
- Producing technical drawings and complete tender packages
- Overseeing FF&E selection, budgeting, scheduling, and procurement
- Collaborating effectively with suppliers, subcontractors, and on-site personnel for seamless project execution
- Managing and checking information produced by sub-contractors.
Required Skills & Experience
- 3+ years’ experience working on luxury interior design projects in London
- All-round experience with proven ability to develop creative concepts
- Excellent eye for design
- Strong understanding of current trends in the interior design industry
- Ability to demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of materials and their suitability for different applications
- Must thrive working on varied IA and FF&E projects both, in a team and independently
- Strong technical knowledge and interior architecture abilities/experience
- Experience designing and developing bespoke furniture including case pieces, upholstery, lighting and joinery
- Ability to work closely and efficiently with clients and manufacturers
- Knowledge of UK regulations, project stages, and luxury standards
- Strong supplier and product knowledge, including FF&E and finishes
- Proven experience producing sketches, drawings, mood boards and client presentations
- Project management, on-site and snagging experience
- Full proficiency and knowledge of AutoCAD, Sketch Up, Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Suite
- Advantageous to have hand-sketching skills
- Prove experience in client-facing roles
- A degree in Interior Design.
What you get back
- Salary of circa £32,000 – £42,000
- 20 days holiday, plus an extra day for each year you are with the practice
- Additional time off on your birthday each year
- Christmas and New Year shutdown
- CPDs to help with life skills and professional growth
- Flexible working hours
- Dog-friendly office
- Team breakfast every other week
- Working from home Fridays
- Summer and Christmas parties.
If you meet the criteria above, send us your CV and portfolio. We receive a large number of applications, so if you do not hear back within 7 days consider your application unsuccessful this time. We will keep a copy of your details on file for future vacancies.
Did you know we run a referral scheme? We’ll give you £300 worth of vouchers if you introduce us to anyone who we then successfully place in a new job role. Just send us their information and we’ll do the rest.
Terms: A candidate is deemed to have been successfully placed once they have started a new job as a result of an introduction made by Hunter Dunning and when they’ve successfully completed the probation period.
Residential Interior Designer Job in SW London – Your Interior Design Recruitment Specialists (Recruiter: Gaby Montero Job Ref: 14379) #LI-GM1