Our client, a Yorkshire based local authority is as part of its commitment to sustainable growth now looking to recruit a Project Officer to join their Development team.
As part of their growth plan the council aims to create high quality places, increased housing provision and green infrastructure. This plan is funded by investments in a programme of up to £240m, coupled with their aspiration of utilise the Council’s £1bn land and property portfolio to deliver private sector housing schemes.
The Council has established a Growth Delivery Team to lead on the development and management of a commercial property investment programme. A Project Officer is now required to support and deliver the commercial property investment programme and the mobile phone coverage delivery plan.
The Council has already created a wholly owned limited company to develop market housing and they are currently delivering their first scheme. Work is also on-going to review the Council’s wider asset base, which is surplus to operational requirements, to develop a pipeline of sites for future development, secure planning consent then develop for private sale. The Project Officer will support the budget holder to ensure allocated project budgets are effectively managed which is imperative for the recently created limited company.
Role & Responsibilities
• Support the identification and appraisal or commercial opportunities
• Support the development of robust business cases making the case for investment
• Work alongside consultants preparing feasibility studies and technical work
• Support the due diligence on proposed investments
• Support the Programme Manager in the delivery and implementation of a mobile coverage plan
Required Skills & Experience
• A good understanding of public sector commercial ventures
• A good understanding or current legislation and Government interventions
• Understanding of economics and commercial transactions affecting land and property
• Experience of working with a range of stakeholders to deliver successful outcomes
• Knowledge of commercial property investments
Salary & Package
Basic salary between £35,000 – £40,000 and a retention payment based on satisfactory performance of up to 8% of salary – paid quarterly.
For talented ambitious individuals this could the start of an excellent career. This would be the ‘first in the door’ opportunity to work for a small growing limited company part of a wider group.
If you have the required skills and experience and would like to be considered for the Project Officer job opportunity, please forward your CV and portfolio ASAP to James.Lees@hunterdunning.co.uk or call 01243 779789.
Please note that due to the quantity of applications received, we cannot get back to everyone. If you do not receive a reply from us within 7 working days, then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Be aware however that we will keep a copy of your CV/Portfolio and keep you in mind for any future vacancies.
Job Ref: 9827
Hunter Dunning = Project Officer Jobs – Your Property Recruitment Specialists