Junior Architectural Historian Job in Winchester, Hampshire
Junior Architectural Historian job is now available, working with a world-renowned classical design architecture practice. This role would involve researching and developing reports on a number of historic property projects.
With their projects being featured in a number of industry and lifestyle publications on a regular basis, the practice’s portfolio of projects range from beautiful historical buildings and private homes to commercial properties and interiors. Due to an increase in conservation and historical projects they are now seeking a Junior Architectural Historian to join the team.
Role & Responsibilities
- Responding to specific research enquiries on buildings and estates as instructed, independently writing, and assembling historic building reports
- Identifying the locations of relevant archival materials and conducting in-person documentary research at record offices and archives across the UK
- Organising remote document orders where required and conducting initial desktop studies, (including desktop work for bid documents and expressions of interest)
- Undertaking on-site analysis and photographic surveys of buildings and estates
- Creating detailed building phasing diagrams for historic properties, based upon the findings of site analysis and archival research
- Assisting in creating room-by-room surveys of larger properties if required
- Writing assessments of significance to assist in heritage applications
- Contributing to the production of Design, Access and Heritage Statements
- Assisting in the character analyses of towns and villages, for pattern books and urban character analysis documents.
Required Skills & Experience
- Proven background in research and a degree in or including architectural history
- Experience in UK independent research archives
- Ability to create historic documents
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to balance the academic elements of role and the companies’ commercial demands
- Confident to speak with internal and external consultants
- Driving licence and willingness to travel with in the UK
- Ability to use InDesign is highly beneficial
- Knowledge of the UK planning framework.
What you get back
- Competitive salary
- 21 days of holiday, plus bank holidays and discretionary leave over Christmas
- No staff are expected to work overtime, but if offered they will pay this at an increased rate
- Employee assistance programme
- Professional memberships paid for
- Life insurance
- Project trips, sketching sessions, social events, and charity fundraising
- Further benefits revealed upon application
- Career development.
If you meet the criteria above, send us your CV and portfolio. We receive a large number of applications so if you do not hear back within 7 days consider your application unsuccessful this time. We will keep a copy of your details on file for future vacancies.
Terms: A candidate is deemed to have been successfully placed once they have started a new job as a result of an introduction made by Hunter Dunning and when they’ve successfully completed the probation period.
Junior Architectural Historian Job in Winchester, Hampshire – Your Architecture Recruitment Specialists (Recruiter: John Watson Job Ref: 14176)#LI-Hybrid #LI-JW1