Interior Designer (F&B/Hospitality) Job in North London
An Interior Designer job is now available, in North London. The successful candidate will work across all stages of F&B and hospitality projects in the UK. You will need to be a competent Vectorworks user with experience in concept development, interior architecture and FF&E/materials.
The company has been established for two decades, working on a variety of F&B and retail projects in the UK and overseas. They pride themselves on their ability to create practical yet contemporary and stylish interiors. With an ever-growing pipeline of projects, they are currently looking for an experienced interior designer to join their creative team.
Role & Responsibilities
- Understanding and taking responsibility for the client’s brief and the project challenges
- Developing layout plans
- Visualising concepts (hand drawn/software based sketches) and preparing client presentations
- Marking up CAD drawings for juniors to assist
- Understanding interior construction methods – joinery, partitions, metalwork, etc.
- Conducting basic measured site surveys
- Liaising effectively with team leaders re- workload planning, resources and timescales
- Material research and proposal
- Dealing with client/contractor queries
- Understanding and working within the timelines and fee constraints of a project
- Contributing to internal design reviews of current trends, opportunities and insights
- Preparing and submitting (with approval/assistance) statutory applications i.e planning, advertising, building control.
Required Skills & Experience
- BA in Interior Design or similar/relevant equivalent
- 4+ years’ of F&B/hospitality experience. Retail experience would be beneficial
- Experience working on all project stages
- Familiarity with building regulations and planning issues and ability to address relevant matters
- Ability to prepare and submit statuary applications (under supervision/guidance)
- Proficiency in Vectorworks, Adobe Suite and Sketch Up (or willingness to learn)
- Hand sketching abilities would be advantageous
- Basic understanding of Microsoft (/Mac equivalent) useful
- Strong communication and client-facing skills and experience.
What you get back
- Salary of circa £40,000, flexible for the right candidate
- Hybrid work setup available after probation period
- Career progression and development opportunities.
If you meet the criteria above, send us your CV and portfolio. We receive a large number of applications so if you do not hear back within 7 days consider your application unsuccessful this time. We will keep a copy of your details on file for future vacancies.
Did you know we run a referral scheme? We’ll give you £300 worth of vouchers if you introduce us to anyone who we then successfully place in a new job role. Just send us their information and we’ll do the rest.
Terms: A candidate is deemed to have been successfully placed once they have started a new job as a result of an introduction made by Hunter Dunning and when they’ve successfully completed the probation period.
Interior Designer Job in London – Your Interior Design Recruitment Specialists (Recruiter: Gaby Montero Job Ref: 14156) #LI-GM1