Development Manager (Client-side) Job in London
Do you have experience working on estate regeneration schemes and keen to work for a consultancy? Our growing multidisciplinary consultancy client is looking for a Development Manager with experience working for a London Local Authority to join its London based team. The role offers a salary of up to £75k + Discretionary Bonus + Travel, you will be partly based at their clients’ offices in North and East London and partly out of their office in Victoria, with some flexibility to work remotely.
The consultancy offers a multitude of services including project management, surveying, cost consultancy, and design management, and specialise in residential, affordable housing, major regeneration and remedial projects for developers, RPs, and Local Authorities. Made up of around 100 employees and 4 offices, they are continuing to grow with a strong pipeline of work across London, Midlands and the Southeast. This role will be joining their client-side consultancy team, supporting the Senior Development Manager and reporting to the Senior Partner, delivering regeneration schemes of 75% new build and 25% refurbishment with combined contract values of £400m+. To be considered you must have experience working for a London Local Authority on estate regeneration projects, with experience of local government funding programmes and development of commercial appraisals.
Role & Responsibilities
- Establish and lead project teams
- Assume responsibility and be accountable for key aspects of project and contract delivery reporting to the Senior Development Manager
- Work collaboratively with the Senior Development Manager to make informed project decisions and co-produce solutions
- Lead in the development of key strategic reports and documents to secure cabinet approval
- Develop and maintain relationships with key personnel within the client team (officers and members) and the professional team to secure the delivery of the core project objectives
- Preparing and presenting reports for a range of audiences including Mayor and Cabinet, committees, project boards and senior management teams
- Develop effective partnerships across council departments to promote efficiency in practice across parties to achieve project objectives
- Preparing and presenting reports for a range of audiences including Mayor and Cabinet, project boards and senior management teams
- Develop effective partnerships across council departments to promote efficiency in practice across parties to drive project objectives
- Assist the Senior Development Manager with the creation of a number of key strategies to inform the delivery of the development masterplans
- Produce option appraisals, briefing notes and policy documents that are accessible to residents and recognised resident bodies to facilitate a genuine co-production approach to strategic decision making.
- Create a comprehensive document library for schemes, ensuring compliance with all governance and statutory requirements can be demonstrated
- Chair or minute meetings as required, including deputising for the Senior Development Manager as and when required.
Required Skills & Experience
- Must have experience working for a London Local Authority
- Experienced in estate regeneration projects
- Must have experience in leading project teams
- Politically and commercially astute having operated within local government environment understanding local authority practice and governance structures
- Excellent understanding of Local Authority Governance, Councils’ motivations and procedures
- Ability to manage a challenging political environment and conflicting demands of stakeholders, to include resident groups and local councillors
- Understanding of Local Government funding programmes
- Experienced in developing commercial appraisals
- Must be able to work from both North London, East London and London Victoria offices
What you get back
- Salary of £65,000 – £75,000 + Bonus + Travel (package is negotiable dependent on experience)
- 28 Days holiday inclusive of Bank Holidays (+ Birthday + Christmas)
- Contributory Pension
- Private medical insurance
- Support with professional subscriptions
If you meet the criteria above, send us your CV and portfolio. We receive a large number of applications so if you do not hear back within 7 days consider your application unsuccessful this time. We will keep a copy of your details on file for future vacancies.
Did you know we run a referral scheme? We’ll give you £300 worth of vouchers if you introduce us to anyone who we then successfully place in a new job role. Just send us their information and we’ll do the rest.
Terms: A candidate is deemed to have been successfully placed once they have started a new job as a result of an introduction made by Hunter Dunning and when they’ve successfully completed the probation period.
Development Manager Job in London – Your Property Recruitment Specialists (Recruiter: Kelly Armour Job Ref: 12284)
Search the Hunter Dunning website for more vacancies: https://www.hunterdunning.co.uk/jobs/